Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Fa La La La La La La Snowman.




I made this snowman cake for a holiday party at my boss's house. It was my first attempt at pound cake and let me tell you, I am NEVER making a cake that ISN'T pound cake again. Its PERFECT to work with. Leveling the layers was 10 times easier than it has been with the previous cakes although I had a bit of a slip with the knife, OH and I'll remember this cake forever cuz I got a nasty burn on my elbow when I was taking it out of the oven. But battle wounds aside, I think he came out pretty cute. Its all pound cake, but the bottom tier has vanilla buttercream, the middle has chocolate buttercream, and the top has peanut butter buttercream. I am now in the market for a Scrooge McDuck vault that I can fill with peanut butter buttercream and swim in. Its delicious.
I hope everyone at the party will like it!! Merry Christmas everyone!!

3 comments:

  1. These pictures don't really do this snowman cake justice. The detail work, especially the lines in the carrot nose, was great. It looked just like a real carrot! Loved the hat, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhhhhhhh I love this!!! I am also a wannabe cake decorator! For me it started with my kids birthday cakes and now I've started making cakes for friends...and friends of friends! I love seeing what others are doing! Awesome work Caitlin!
    :) Heather

    ReplyDelete