Monday, December 28, 2009

Laura's Baby Shower!







Laura, my sister-in-law, had her baby shower yesterday. She and my brother are expecting their first baby (a boy!) in the beginning of February!! Everybody's soooo excited and we can't wait for him to get here! In the meantime, I made the cake for the shower. I got the design idea from a rubber stamp that my mom has (which is actually what the little topper is made from). I thought the clothesline idea was different and REALLY cute. It didn't come out as perfectly as I wanted it to, but isn't that always the case? Anyway, my sister, Alison, gave me a BIG assist on this one by helping me cut the little clothes out of fondant and making the topper, so thanks Al!! Its pound cake again (and it probably will be pound cake forever, unless the person its for wants something different. Pound cake is GLORIOUS) with vanilla buttercream. I got a TON of cake stuff for Christmas, including a silicone roling mat, a silicone rolling pin, and an AWESOME tool carrier, so I had a great time playing with all of it!
Everyone at the shower seemed to really like the cake, the only problem was carrying it 3 blocks from our parking spot to the restaurant. The shower was in Hoboken, so I was afraid Buddy Valastro was gonna walk by and point out all of its flaws. Luckily that didn't happen :)
Congratulations Eamonn and Laura!! Can't wait to meet the Little Nipper!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks again Caitlin!! I absolutely loved the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for shout-outs! Awesome cake...I only have one comment: you did not walk 3 blocks with the cake. It was only a block and a half. You did, however, manage to keep the cake steady during the hour and 15 minute car ride on the Jersey turnpike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You forgot to mention you were up until 5:30am the day of the shower finishing the cake decorating. I think it was well worth the effort. The cake was adorable and delicious!

    ReplyDelete