Thursday, January 7, 2010

Buttercream: Why They Invented Fondant












So, admittedly this cake is pretty horrendous. Buttercream is next to impossible to make smooth (especially when you don't have the correct tool, OR enough icing... I had neither). I just wanted to make a completely buttercream cake because I hadn't tried it yet. It wasn't easy, and it came out looking like... well, you've seen the pictures. But hey, it was my first try. I'm sure I'll get better with practice. The only good part of this cake is I got to use the candy pearls that Eamonn and Laura gave me :)

2 comments:

  1. Well, at least you get to you got to use the pearls! I'm sure your next buttercream job will be better...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno if it is too smooth or not smooth enough or what, but I really like the shade of blue.

    -ula

    ReplyDelete